Tropical Cyclones Arrangements
- When Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No.8 is issued, classes of school will be suspended.
- When Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No. 3 is issued, school operates as usual. Parents should pay attention to the announcement of Education Bureau (EDB). In case of suspension of classes, parents should arrange your children to return home under safe conditions.
- If students who take school bus have already set out for school when No.8 signal is issued, students will be sent to the school. Students will return home at an appropriate time according to the reply of ‘Early dismissal arrangement of Tropical Cyclones’ below.
- If school is in session when the EDB announces the immediate suspension of classes, students will return home at an appropriate time according to the reply of ‘Early dismissal arrangement of Tropical Cyclones’ below.
- In cases where the EDB has not made any announcement for suspension of classes due to the inclement weather, parents should listen to radio or television for further announcements between 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m.. Parents may also decide whether or not to send your children to school at the time of inclement weather.
Heavy Persistent Rain Arrangements
1.When Amber Rainstorm Warning is issued, school operates as usual.
2.When Red/Black Rainstorm Warning is issued:
- I. When the signal issued before 8:00 a.m., classes of school will be suspended all day.
- When the signal issued after 8:00 a.m., school will continue the lessons until the end of the normal school hours and ought to ensure that conditions are safe before allowing students to return home. Parents may come to pick up your children if necessary.
- When the signal is issued, school premises will be open, teachers will look after the students until school ends. Students who have not yet left for school should stay home.
- If students who take school bus have already set out for school when the signal is issued, students will be sent to the school. Parents should come to school and pick up your children.
- If the signal is still issued until the end of the normal school hours, students will return home at an appropriate time according to the reply of ‘Early dismissal arrangement of Heavy Persistent Rain’ below.
- The above arrangements are based on the EDB circular ‘Tropical Cyclones and Heavy Persistent Rain Arrangements for Kindergartens and Day Schools’. School will follow the latest arrangements from the announcement of EDB.
- Parents may decide whether or not to send your children to school at the time of inclement weather. Parents should keep your children at home if you consider that local weather, road, slope, traffic or transport conditions at that time have yet to resume normal.
- Students will not be penalized if they cannot return to school or arrive late because of inclement weather, traffic or transport conditions.
Handling Emergency Situations in Schools
- Under exceptional circumstances which may affect normal school operation (e.g. spread of communicable diseases, natural disaster, serious traffic obstruction, etc.), school will be suspended after seeking endorsement from the incorporated management committees (IMC). Parents should not send your children to school when EDB’s advice on class suspension is announced.
- Parents should pay attention to the announcements made by our school on the school website or Teamwork School Messenger app about the arrangements relating to the class suspension.
- During the period of class suspension, we will arrange senior teachers and school staff to be on duty to handle school affairs and answer parents’ enquiries. If parents are unable to arrange your relatives or friends to take care of your children, please contact the class teacher for further arrangement. School bus service and lunch provision will be suspended during the period of class suspension. Parents will therefore have to escort your children to and from school and make lunch arrangements for them IF your children need to return to school during class suspension. Should this be the case, your children should return to school in school uniform and during normal school time.
- All examinations/tests/extra-curricular activities will be postponed or cancelled during the period of class suspension. In addition, parents should be assured that we will re-arrange for the date(s) of submission of P5 second-term/ P6 first/ second-term examination results to EDB in accordance with EDB’s announcements.
- To cater for student’s learning, learning materials and readers for students will be uploaded to the school website during the class suspension period. Parents may download those materials from the school website or get them from our school. Parents are requested to pay attention to the learning situation of your children.
- To safeguard the safety of your children, parents are advised to keep your children home during class suspension.