Aims of the Subject
The aim of the subject is to nurture student’s three skills: Creativity, Effective Communication and Critical Thinking. With these three skills, students are ready to develop other kinds of generic skills and also to achieve the following four Learning Objectives:
|1||To bring in Creativity and Imagination
Students are able to acquire skills such as “Exchange of Idea”, “Observation”, “Memorization”, “Utilization of Visual Elements” as well as “Organization” and come up with ideas through creative thinking and imagination by participating in art activities.
|2||To develop Skills through experience in art creation
Students make use of different kinds of materials, elements and resources to present their ideas through art works while exploration and experience in the process of art work are emphasized.
There are six main topics in this course: drawing, design, sketching, printing, sculpture and craft. Students will learn the characteristic of different media and will select the appropriate one to present their concept and idea.
|3||To develop the ability of art appreciation and Judgment
Students are able to provide detailed feedback on art related questions.
Students are able to describe the content and visual elements in art work, and clearly express their ideas according to the technique, meaning, visual element and organization of different art works.
|4||To understand the background of Art
Students are able to understand the relationship between arts and the society by learning various kinds of arts culture, art works and festivals that represent different culture and life style.
Students are able to discuss and analyze the characteristic and meaning of the local, Chinese and western art work.
Introduction of Curriculum
Aims of the Subject:
|A||To encourage student’s active participation in art activities where they make use of their creativity and imagination to visualize individual ideas.|
|B||To learn the characteristics of different media of art and select the appropriate media to express their thoughts through participation in art activities.|
|C||To be able to provide feedback and judgment on art work based on different perspectives of art.|
|D||To inspire the artistic sense of students such that they are able to provide both sensible and perceptualfeedback on the connection between arts and society.|
|A||Visual Art Specialization
In order to enrich the art knowledge and to develop generic skills of our students, we have invited professional artists to conduct specialized classes in different areas of visual arts.
Oil Pastel Technique
Poster Color Technique
Chinese Ink and Painting
P.5– Chinese Ink Painting
B Art Interest Class
|Our students has actively involved in local Art competitions. In the coming year, we will strike for better result and provide more exposure to the student by joining different competitions of different scales.|
“My dream Tung Wah Hospital” drawing competition
MTR Community Art Gallery
Arts Ambassadors-in-School Scheme
- Durer (1471-1528)@ – Introduction of Durer’s biography and Style.
- Michelangelo (1475-1564)@ – Introduction of Michelangelo’s biography and interesting episode.
- Pablo Picasso (1882-1973)@ – Introduction of Pablo Picasso’s biography and works.
- Leonardo da Vinci (1452-1519)@ – Introduction and Analysis of the Work “Last Supper” of Leonardo da Vinci.
- Hkartist.com – Provide online Arts Gallery.
- Aser But – Provide profile of Aser But; Introduction to Aser But’s Art Works and Photos and Arts Exhibition.
Museum, Gallery and Exhibition Centre
- University Museum and Art Gallery – Display the collection of traditional Chinese Arts Works and Antiques; organize Chinese, Local and Western Arts Exhibition. A Tea Gallery is located in the Museum.
- Hong KongHeritage Museum– Located at Shatin.Provide a unique mix of history, art and culture in a great variety of programmes that cater for the wide-ranging interests of the public.
- Hong Kong Visual Arts Centre – Provide well-equipped studios for trained artists practising in the fields of sculpture, printmaking and ceramics; Stated with the opening hours and address.
- 香港資訊教育城展藝館– A platform for the display of teachers ‘ and students’ Arts Works.