Aims of the Subject:
Mandarin is the common language of Han Chinese. It is the language used by different Chinese races for communication. Therefore this course aims to teach student to master Mandarin in all aspects. On the other hand, learning of Mandarin will increase the patriotism amongst. This course focuses on developing the speaking ability of the students.
All Mandarin teachers in our school meet the minimum qualification requirement set by the government. The classes have Mandarin as a medium of instruction. Appropriate focus is laid for different levels of Mandarin classes. For Primary 1-2, teachers focus on learning the tone of the language, Primary 3-4, are taught on the technique of “changing of tone”, Primary 5-6, learn the pronunciation related to selected articles. Besides, we also encourage students to start self-learning and encourage each other, so that molds them with righteous character and improve their language ability.
For training in Writing, Speaking, Reading and Listening, please refer to the diagram below:
(Exercise on Textbook Listening)
(Reading of Text)
(Textbook Exercise in class)
(Exercise on paper)
(Listening of Children Rhythms)
(Performance in class)
(Reading/Singing of Children Rhythms)
(Exercise on the blackboard)
- To encourage students to bring use of Mandarin in their lives; converse in Mandarin with teachers and fellow students.
- To encourage student to listen and speak Mandarin more with the help of AV material and exercise in the textbook, it strengthens their knowledge of Mandarin.
- To adopt interactive approach such as – rhymes singing, tongue twister practicing, riddle solving and storytelling to raise the interest of learning of the students.
- To encourage students to learn Mandarin with the aids of multimedia.
- To encourage students to read various Mandarin books
- The teacher-in-charge of Mandarin plays mandarin songs/stories during lunch time in order to create a positive Mandarin-learning atmosphere in the campus.
Results of 71st Hong Kong Schools Speech Festival(2018-2019)