Aims of the Subject
- To stimulate the interest of students in the learning of mathematics.
- To develop students’ understanding and acquisition of basic mathematical concepts and computational skills.
- To develop students’ creativity, and their ability to think, communicate and solve problems.
- To develop students’ number sense and spatial sense, and their ability to appreciate patterns and structures of number and shapes.
- To enhance students’ lifelong learning abilities through basic mathematical knowledge.
Introduction of curriculum
- Focus on students’ understanding and mastering the concept of mathematics.
- Guide students in applying their knowledge in daily life.
- Encourage students to express their thoughts in different ways by the means of learning activities. It is important for students to realize that mathematics is actually related to the problems they encounter in day-to-day situations, which will help to increase their interest in the subject.
- Small class size allows teachers to take care of individual student’s learning needs. Students have better chances to participate in group discussions. It helps to build up the concept of Abstract Mathematics.
- Teachers prepare different levels of mathematics worksheet for the students. Teachers regularly strive to introduce creative ideas along with interesting topics to arouse students’ initiative and logical thinking in mathematics.
- Mathematical training courses are organized to improve students’ mathematical thinking, logical and problem solving skills. It helps to arouse students’ interest in mathematics and develop high order thinking skills through different learning activities.
- Individual speed calculation competition
- Fun with Maths Station
- After school Mathematic interest courses
When one said learning Mathematics is boring and difficult, students learn it through
different activities in CSSHK. Hands on activities can provide students with more
interesting learning environment.
Students are having fun in learning with Electronic devices.
Game booth assessment
Otherthan written assessments, we provide students with performance assessments.
Fun with Maths station
Students are eagerly to take part in answering the challenging questions during recess and lunch time.
Maths interest classes
Students attend maths interest classes after school in order to experience different learning styles.
Voting result from our students
(Champion) Math Playground
(The 1st runner up) 互動七巧板
(The 2nd runner up) 數學火車站
(Champion)Plastelina Logic games
(The 1st runner up) Arcademic Skill Builder
(The 2nd runner up) 數學運動會
1) Mathematics learning and teaching support
2) P.3 learning materials
3) Mathematics challenging questions
4) Games of fractions
5) Mathematics games (Small Campus)
6) 21st Century Modern Mathematics Students’ Web